Tofu and squid ink soy sauce with cacao crumble
This recipe is a creation by Yuhang Wu from THAT WOO pop up dinner, which will be taking place on Sunday, July 2nd, for reservations contact firstname.lastname@example.org or check out their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/thatwookitchen/
Latest posts by margaux (see all)
- Berliner Berg Brauerei - 21 January 2019
- Berliner Berg:when craftbeers hits gastronomy - 21 January 2019
- Every Drops Counts! How to Reduce Water Waste in bar - 11 January 2019
- Tofu 50 g
- Mu'er mushrooms 10 g
- Daylily 10 g
- Dark soy sauce 7 ml
- Soy sauce 5 ml
- Sugar 5 g
- Sesame oil
- Water 60 ml
- Squid ink 1 packet (5 g)
- Cacao crumble
- Flour 100 g
- Soft butter 50 g
- Egg yolk 1
- Cacao powder 10g
- Star anise polder 10g
- Fried wontons and chili topping (optional):
- Fried wonton wrappers 4
- Fresh red chili 1
- 1Freeze the tofu overnight, then thaw it the next day and cut it into medium-sized pieces.
- 2After the tofu has been frozen, the softer original texture of the tofu will have changed to be more sponge-like. Soak the mu'er mushrooms and daylilies in water overnight or soak them in hot water for 50 minutes.
- 3In a small pot with boiling water, boil the mu'er mushrooms and daylilies for five minutes.
- 4Add one teaspoon of sesame oil to a hot pan and roast all ingredients until the tofu is lightly browned.
- 5Mix the soy sauces with sugar, water and squid ink together in a bowl.
- 6Add the mixture to the pan with the rest of the ingredients and let it reduce until the sauce tickets.
- 7For the curable Mix the butter, sugar, and egg folk together
- 8Add it to the flour, cacao powder, and star anise powder.
- 9Place the mixture into the refrigerator for 30 minutes to let it cool.
- 10Break up the crumble into small pieces on baking paper and put it in a preheated oven at 160°C for 10 minutes.
- 11For the Wonton deep fry the wonton wrappers in hot oil until they are golden brown and crispy.
- 12Remove them and place them on a paper towel.
- 13Slice the chili down the center and remove the seeds.
- 14Chop finely.
- 15When the tofu, mu'er, and daylilies have finished roasting and the sauce has thickened, place the various ingredients across the plate, spreading the sauce around.
- 16Then top with the cacao crumble and the optional fried wonton wrappers and chilis.